Friday, February 22, 2008

Cheap MP3 Bible!!!

Here's your answer to finding that cheap mp3 Bible, although I must confess it's actually 15.99 plus shipping. I think it cost me $17.-- total. I have had it for four days, and have listened up to I Samuel. It's very good. I will add more about that later... (Click on the title)

I found two different versions of the NASB on MP3, and this is the only one I could listen to. The other sounds like Leutinent Warf of Star Trek: Next Generation, though that's cool if you like that kinda thing.

Let me again emphasize the point here: If I really believe that the Bible is God's very words He wanted to let humanity know, then shouldn't it's reading and studying occupy a place of prominence in my life? My actions speak louder than my words, ya know?

Mat 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field."

The point is not merely that he thought the treasure was cool and bought it, but that from the joy of finding it, he gladly sold everything else. Does not the time we devote to other, more urgent things exhibit where our hearts desire truly lies??

I'm not being pious or arrogant here, I'm just trying to be honest with myself, and since I'm just lookin at a pc screen as I type this, honestly transparent with the world at large... I do fail here miserably, but God is doing a work in me to renew me to the knowledge of my Creator. It is He who works in me, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

That allows me to do two things:

#1 Be brutally honest and open, laying open myself to others because He has forgiven me and works in me.

#2 Be completely confident that I will be a trophy of His grace, and He has guaranteed it, for He is the one working in me His purposes, having been pre-determined to be conformed to the image of His Son.

May we all fall on His grace daily, praise the God who loves today though He knows we fail tomorrow, may we praise Him all the more because of that, and may we wake up tomorrow looking a little more as we should because of it.

No comments: