Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Life-goal realized



First there was getting to see Garrison Keillor, then Michael Card, then a a quick re-evaluation where I ruled out shooting a grizzly bear with a bow and arrow, but then on to one of my two favorite female singers: Natalie Merchant. (Patty Griffin, the other.) I thought I had missed the train, since she doesn't seem to tour any more, but during my tri-yearly net search for everything-musical-I'd-love-to-see, I Found tickets to Natalie Merchant with the Pops in Boston. So I scarfed 'em up right quick, it being a personal life-goal and all.

For you poor unfortunates who are thinking "Natalie who...?", here are some of my favorites:

"Wonder"- a song about impaired folk who go farther than anyone think they can.

"Life is Sweet"- For those in dead-end lives, there's a choice to be made.

"Break Your Heart"- No special knowledge on this one

"What's the Matter Here"- About a kid she used to live near who was not treated well

"Beloved Wife"- One of my favorite favorites. I can't imagine the pain...

To illustrate that she can sing ANYTHING and make it sound wonderful



Just listen and love her too...

1 comment:

The Boisverts said...

She does have an amazing sound.

Saw Michael Card, too, years ago in Keene. At a small church; we were in the 3rd pew or so, right on the aisle... he is so amazing. I can't wait to spend eternity with him worshipping.