Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A "Workin' Man's Hands"

My latest war wound, obtained today on the battlefield of the Cirome driveway, not fatal, but it sure stings when I get soap in it. Vinegar smarts right much as well, and it's none of your business how I know that.

Why do I post this picture?

Because as uninteresting as it may be, isn't a blog a little window into the life of the blogger?

So welcome to the life of my hands. From wrist to fingertip, today I counted eleven "boo-boos" in various stages: "almost scars" all the way to "oozing that weird clear liquid", like this newest one. Depending on what type of work I've been doing, I may have twenty or so. Many times, I have looked down to find a 1/2" wood splinter sticking in my hand. Sometimes I just leave them.
What are they gonna hurt, I'm probably 10% wood by now anyway. My dad always said I had a wooden head.

Just in case you're wondering, this is what it looks for a brand new cat's paw to slip off a nail while your hand is on it. At least I still have all my digits, even the double ones...

Check out my company project blog to see what I have been doing for the past week. I'm doing an update on it tonight as well.

No comments: