Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Take up thy phones and follow me...



I've been told for years that you cannot be a successful Christian without a regular personal study time in God's Word, and I believe it's true. But I don't think it necessary be in written form any more. With the world domination of the mp3 player, the listening limits of folks like me have been reduced big-time.

I work by myself most of the time, so I get to listen to stuff all day long. Last year, I listened to the whole Bible in two weeks. I highly recommend it for everybody at some point.

So, to the point. I just want to begin to share some of the best stuff I've listened to over the past two years since I got an Ipod. Let's start today with some good sites where some good stuff resides.

The ESV Study Bible- The one with David Cochran Heath is my favorite. He actually sounds like a normal person.

Don Carson lectures and sermons- Probably the smartest Christian on earth. Seriously. If ever I get a question to which I do not know the answer, I'll just respond, "I agree with Carson.".

Desiring God- The most comprehensive source on the internet, or so I say... God used John Piper to get me out the funk I caught while in Bible College.

Spirit Empowered Preaching- Arturo Azurdia III. The dude's a powerhouse, he kinda reminds me of an Old Testament Prophet, in pants. Try the stuff from Isaiah first.

Monergism.com- If you don't know what Monergism means, you probably wouldn't like it anyway... But there's a mountain of stuff to listen to there.

Tim Keller- You can find his stuff at Monergism, but this is his site. The Prodigal God stuff is mind-altering, and he's got his head on straight when it comes to the Gospel and culture.

That's enough for now, I don't want to hurt anybody.

No comments: