Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Name that Nagaina



The deal has been struck, the virgin sacrificed, the gods appeased. I await my new carpet python to eat two more meals, then I can pick it up. That should be roughly two to three weeks from now. So, I have time to think of a name... or for other people to think of a name. I have already picked the one I want, but they change looks so much as they grow, I might change my mind when I pick it up. But if I get the one I liked on Sunday, it will be a girl. So let's hear some suggestions. (The above photo is something close to what it will look like. I will update with an actual pic when I get mine.)

What's the prize, you might ask? Well, it's simply the satisfaction of knowing that you have named something that will live for twenty to thirty years, and I will say it's name lovingly every day as I try to get it not to bite me. It would look something like this:

"Easy, now, easy, come on girl... you sure do have an evil smile on your face today. OK, I'm just gonna reach in and slowly pick you up, so... $@%&* (insert your entry here), you legless worm! I'm gonna make a belt out of you if you do that again!"

4 comments:

gina said...

medusa? you're so weird, kevin. in a good way, of course. hats off to your wife for being okay with a snake in the house...

Hamlet said...

Nehushtan

Call him Nehu for short!


Look and live my brother....

Hamlet

S.D. Smith said...

Chrysophylax Dives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_Giles_of_Ham

Kevin Jack said...

Thanks for the entries, keep em coming, since you have two more weeks.

I'm leaning toward Lurlene within my own suggestions, simple because I've always wanted to name something Lurlene, and Becca wouldn't let me name the kids that. Plus, I anticipate this snake to be just trashy enough to make it work.

But the polls are definitely open...