Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The BEST toy ever!!

Did you ever get one of these as a child? I did. I was about 8, and we bought a new fridge, the "Mother of all cardboard boxes". It was "setup" in the barn, and I played with it, by myself for at least a month. It was a fort, a cave, a castle, and I actually remember dreaming about living in a box just like it after I became an adult!! I also planned to buy a tractor-trailer, make the trailer into a house, and drive all over creation, but that's another post, ain't it?
We are now into hour #2 of box-play, and I don't see an end in sight. The watching and the remembering make me lament the death of that imagination in myself. I always thought it so sad when the Narnia kids got too old to go back, and when Puff had to frolick alone in Hona-Lee. Poor Puff... May they never grow up, and may I catch whatever it is they have.

No comments: